Friday, November 2, 2012

An Excellent Historical Murder Mystery!


The Case of the Unknown Woman by F. Alexander Shipley is an extremely well researched book. The look at this tragic and historical murder case was interesting enough but it was thoroughly enjoyable to read also because of the storytelling of Shipley. I do think the book would have played just as well if he didn't "fictionalize" or "dramatize" some of the scenes within the story. He appears to have recreated dialog and actions and people's thought a little too freely. The story didn't need it in my opinion, however, it didn't take away from the historical nature of the book.

I found that the cast of characters that populated the case history left me wondering who the killer and victim, as it were, could be! The author is to be commended for producing this very worthwhile historical mystery. I enjoyed it very much.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment